Saturday, October 6, 2012

Remembering Badd Blood: In Your House... 15 Years Later

OK, so maybe I'm a day late on this, but who cares?

Yesterday was the 15th Anniversary of Badd Blood: In Your House, which emanated from the Kiel Center(now Scottrade Center) in my hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. I actually have a photo from the event, along with the tickets, but I wasn't able to scan them. But I have proof that I attended the event. Maybe it's because I love when WWE comes to town, but regardless, I thought this event was one of the most important in WWE history.

Apparently, WWE thinks so too.

Yesterday, they published a 2 page article highlighting the event and it's importance.

Here's a excerpt:

"It may not have been on the grand stage of WrestleMania, or even during the blazing heat of SummerSlam, but 1997’s Badd Blood has become one of the most notable events in WWE history. It was a night of firsts in the ring — the very first Hell in a Cell Match and the very first sighting of Kane. While the event is mostly remembered for those occurrences, it was also the final pay-per-view to feature Mr. McMahon as a regular member of the broadcast team. Badd Blood’s lineup featured several bouts that were very representative of the early stages of the Attitude Era. The evening was a decoupage of tag team contests, title matches and highly unique battles. Badd Blood was a relic, an event of days gone by."
I'm very happy that WWE wrote this article. This is event had it all, and I am proud to say that I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment